How can we contribute?
Many organisations that conduct Led Outdoor Activities (LOA) already have established incident reporting systems and do not want to use the UPLOADS App. We would like to invite these organisations to contribute information that will allow the research team to evaluate the safety benefits of using the UPLOADS App.
What type of information is required?
- Incident reports collected by your organisation (near misses; injuries; illnesses; psychosocial, e.g. emotional or psychological; equipment damage; environmental damage; and missing or overdue people)
- Information about the programs run by your organisation (i.e. participation data):
- Types of activities run on programs and the number of participants partaking in the activities;
- Number of people involved in the programs (including participants, leaders, supervisors, and support); and
- The age and gender of participants on programs.
- Information about the strategies used by your organisation to prevent incidents.
If your organisation does not collect some of the information, that is ok! We will collect what is available.
What about privacy and confidentiality?
To ensure your organisation’s confidentiality, and the privacy of individual’s information:
- Your data will be aggregated with other data collected.
- The research team will ensure that all identifiable information (including names of people, places, and organisations) is removed.
- No individuals or organisations will be identifiable from any publications, case study analyses, or reports produced by the research team.