To submit an UPLOADS database to USC for analysis:
- Click “Admin” and the “National Dataset” tab.
- Click the “Begin” button
- The follow box will appear, click “ok”.
- The copy of the database should open automatically.
- If it doesn’t, manually drag the file “Copy.USR” from the “Temp” folder into the “DB_program”.
- Click the “Deidentify database button”.
A pop-up box will appear giving you the option to email the copy directly to the research team. This will work if you use Outlook. Otherwise, click “OK”
- Then you can check the file has been deidentified. All names will be replaced with “Anonymous”
- Close the “Copy” of the database
- Email the file in the “De-Identified” folder email@example.com