Backing up your data should be done often and ideally these copies should be maintained in a separate secure location, in case of:
- Computer damage/loss due to theft, fire, etc.
- Damage to the database file caused by hard drive aging, computer crashes or electrical outages.
- Accidental corruption/loss of information.
The database file is saved continuously, so if information is accidentally edited or deleted these changes cannot be undone.
A menu option (under the File menu) has been provided to produce date stamped copies of the database file. The backups are saved in the folder UPLOADS\Backups
To back up your data:
- In the File menu click on the “Backup Database File”
- A data stamped copy of the database will be saved in the folder UPLOADS\Backups. You should move this file to a secure location i.e. portable HD, or cloud-based storage.