What is it?
The UPLOADS App collects information about all programs run by your organisation, we refer to this as “participation data”. This information includes the:
- types of activities run on program and the number of participants partaking in the activities;
- number of people involved in the program (including participants, leaders, supervisors, and support); and
- the age and gender of participants on program.
Why do we collect this information?
Participation data is used to:
- calculate your organisation’s incident, injury and illness rates;
- calculate incident rates for specific activities; and
- determine if specific age groups or genders are more at risk of incidents, injuries, or illnesses.
There are many benefits to collecting and analysing participation and incident data. Dom Courtney, Executive Officer of QORF has provided a testimonial of his experience using the UPLOADS App so far:
“Despite working in the “great” outdoors, the Australian outdoor sector has not been great at measuring how we operate.
In addition to providing the outdoor sector with critical data to better understand and help prevent incidents, the UPLOADS App is also a way of measuring participation in outdoor activities.
By measuring participation in different activities across the Australian led outdoor scene, the UPLOADS App can contribute to an improved understanding of what’s happening and where.
The more people contributing data, the better!”
How to I enter participation data?
Watch this short video!